-

-

Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Namebank - Withycombe

Way back in the day, when I had more energy and free time, I had this notion to build a massive database of automatically registerable names, referring to original sources to assist submittors.

This was before Appendix H not requiring photocopies, and certainly before the house fire that cause my heraldic library to suffer a small setback.

However, with the advent of this blog and google docs letting me share this, here is a link to my index of EG Withycombe's Oxford Dictionary of English Surnames.  All these names are registerable. 

A small note on the codes next to the names.  The first section is century, the second section is culture, and the last section is identifier (M=Male, F=Female, S=Surname, P=Place name, G=Group name).

Brand

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvCZkIfD1yl7dGg2YTFqSWVLS1p1QVRYWHE2WnpRcEE&hl=en_US